We specialize in skin, hair & nails
We offer Medical, Surgical and Cosmetic Dermatology Services in addition to a few skin care products. As you may already know Dermatologists diagnose, and treat diseases of the skin, hair and nails. Our physicians and staff are committed to providing our patients with the finest care.
Dr. David Pomerantz
Dr. David Seth Pomerantz is a general medical dermatologist treating adults and children. In addition to treating general dermatological issues, he performs surgical procedures as well as cosmetic procedures (Botox/Fillers). He is currently seeing new patients.
He went to Emory College, University of Maryland School of Medicine and completed residencies in Internal Medicine and Dermatology at Brown University. He is a Clinical Associate Professor of Dermatology at Brown University and is involved with teaching dermatology residents and medical students.
University of Maryland School of Medicine
Bachelor of Science
Memberships / Certifications / Academic Appointments
- Clinical Assistant Professor of Dermatology, Brown University School of Medicine
- Board Member & Treasurer – Rhode Island Medical Society
- Member, American Academy of Dermatology
- Member, New England Physician Alliance, RIH-IPA
Dr. Neil Toback
Annette Fonteneau, MSN, RNP, DCNP
Annette joined our practice on December 2, 2008, and is currently booking new and follow up patients.
Masters in Nursing, Adult Nurse Practitioner
Massachusetts General Hospital, Institute of Health Professions.
Bachelor of Science, Clinical Laboratory Science
University of Massachusetts at Dartmouth
Memberships / Certifications
- President, Rhode Island Nurses Institute
- Member, Rhode Island State Nurse Association
- Member, American Academy of Nurse Practitioners
- Member, New England Dermatology Nurse Practitioner Council
- Fellow-American Society of Laser Medicine and Surgery
- American Academy of Anti-Aging Health Practitioner Certification
William J. Wray, MPAS, PA-C
William Wray is NCCPA certified and has specialized in Dermatology since 2001. William is trained in all aspects of Adult and Pediatric Dermatology including but not limited to Acne, Psoriasis, Eczema, Skin Cancer, Nail and Hair disease. He also has extensive experience with Cosmetic Injectables such as Botox®, Dysport®, Radiesse®, Juvederm®, and Belotero®. William is highly skilled and works continuously to update his medical knowledge.
William comes from a very large family raised in Springfield, MA. He makes his home in southern Rhode Island with his Wife and four children. Throughout his career, he has enjoyed working in different areas of RI. William joined School Street Dermatology in 2011. He and his dedicated staff strive to offer you and your family the highest quality of health care possible.
Bachelor of Science in Biology
Saint Michael's College, Colchester, VT
Master of Physician Assistant Studies
University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville, FL
Memberships / Certifications
- 2001-Present Society of Dermatology Physician Assistants, Fellow
- 2001-Present American Academy of Physician Assistants, Fellow
- Rhode Island Dermatology Society, Fellow
- Began training in General Dermatology and fist assisting in MOHS's
2001-2003: Kissimmmee, FL
Natalie Ramirez Driscoll, BSN, RN, MSN, NP-C
At School Street Dermatology we treat everyday skin conditions, such as acne, eczema, skin allergies, and the most difficult of skin diseases. Our specialists are leaders in the field of dermatology and experts in the treatment of blistering skin diseases, contact dermatitis, environmental allergies, cutaneous lymphoma, acne, rosacea, hair loss, psoriasis, rashes, lupus, scleroderma, leg ulcers, and pigment disorders.
BOTOX® Cosmetic is a non-surgical, physician-administered aesthetic treatment that can temporarily reduce the moderate to severe frown lines between your brows for up to 4 months. Within days, you may see a noticeable improvement. Results may vary. You can receive injections with BOTOX® Cosmetic up to every 4 months to help you maintain the results. If you discontinue treatment, the frown lines between your brows gradually will look like they did before treatment.
Chemical peel is most commonly performed for cosmetic reasons to enhance your appearance and your self confidence. Chemical peel may also remove pre-cancerous skin growths, soften acne facial scars and even control acne.
Microdermabrasion is a non-chemical, non-invasive procedure that uses a spray of microcrystals to remove the outermost layer of dry, dead skin cells and reveal younger, healthier-looking skin. Microdermabrasion also encourages the production of a new underlying layer of skin cells with higher levels of collagen and elastin, which further improves your skin’s appearance.
Replenish lost volume and look younger longer with RADIESSE® Volumizing Filler. Not only does this wrinkle filler give you immediate results, it also continues to provide added benefit by stimulating the production of your own natural collagen.
What To Expect
Our Providers are all trained in dermatology. While in our office you will be under the care of our dermatology team, comprised of Dermatologists, Nurse Practitioners & Physician Assistants. Continuity of care is preferred but not required. You may switch to see another provider in the practice at any time if you prefer.
There are 3 components to your visit. Check in, medical intake performed by a Medical Assistant, provider examination. Do not expect to see the provider at your appointment time.
Please be aware that your appointment time includes time for administrative tasks, including verification of insurance, gathering of your medical history and updating any recent changes in medical care to our electronic medical health records. Once this process is complete the provider will then be in to see you.
Make sure to bring your insurance card and ID. Our New Patient information forms are located online. If you are able, please print and fill out ahead of time.
Please be aware that we have multiple providers seeing patients at the same time. This can cause our waiting room to get crowded. We do have additional seating in our hallway.
Your care is provided by a team including medical assistants, the provider and a scribe.
The medical assistant will take your medical history and enter it into the electronic health records. The provider will then come in, usually with a scribe or physician assistant. The scribe will be there to help enter the data during your office visit. This allows the provider to focus on you rather than the computer. For any reason you may request the scribe to step out of the room.
In addition, Dr. Pomerantz does work with Physician Assistants who assist and perform simple procedures such as biopsies and simple excisions.
Why We Run Late
Despite our best efforts we acknowledge that our providers often run late.
Access to care:
- There is an incredible need for Dermatological services and a shortage of providers. Many Dermatology practices are closed to new patients or have a long waiting period to get an appointment. At School Street Dermatology we pride ourselves in being able to accommodate new and existing patients in a timely manner. If you have difficulty getting a new patient appointment and feel that your issue is urgent, please have your Primary Care Doctor call us to plan appropriately. If you are an existing patient and have and urgent need, please be sure the receptionist understands the urgency to your issue. Every attempt will be made to get you in quickly.
- Practice of medicine can be unpredictable. In most cases, simple procedures such as biopsies will be handled during your visit whenever possible. While this may slow down the providers, it saves the patient from having to come back. Most patients have multiple issues, many of these issues can and will be addressed in a single visit. Full skin exams and acute issues are evaluated in the same visit.
- EMR/Regulations: A significant amount of information must be entered into the computer. This can be a cumbersome and slow process. Be aware that computers do not speed up the process.
How To Contact Us
The Phone lines are very busy. We do apologize if there is a delay in answering your call. Please feel free to leave a message with our front desk.
We will return any routine issues within 1-2 business days. More urgent calls will be addressed ASAP.
Be sure to leave your name, date of birth and the best phone # at which to reach you at. If you are leaving a message, please speak clearly and slowly so we are able to acquire all the proper information and return your call in a timely manner.
When our staff is limited or on lunch our calls are routed to our answering service. You may leave a message and they will relay it to us.
Confirmation calls are made 3 days before your visit, if you need to cancel or make a change to an existing appointment, please contact us as soon as possible, preferably at least 24 hours in advance. Please be aware that you may be charged a $25 fee for missed appointments.
We'd love to hear from you and answer any questions you may have. Please send us a message or call us any time and we will respond to you shortly.